Lecturer of Urdu (1994-1997)
Dr.. Rafique Ahmed Khan – 2010
|By Kazi Zulkader Siddiqui, 671/Latif
Prof. Rafique Ahmed Khan (also known as Rafique Ahmed Pathan) joined Cadet College Petaro in 1994 as Lecturer of Urdu and left in 1997.
He was born on 13 June 1961, and got married to Mrs. Syeda Arjumand Fatima on 20 November 1998. They have four sons – Fazeel, Rameez, Haseeb and Taleeb.
Dr. Rafique Ahmed Khan spent his childhood in Hyderabad. He completed his Matriculation from Noor-e-Islam High School in Latifabad, Hyderabad in 1981. He then joined the Government Degree College in Hyderabad from where he completed his Intermdiate in 1983 and then obtained his B.Sc. degree from the same college in 1987. At this juncture, he moved from science to arts, and obtained his M.A. in Urdu Literature from Sindh University in 1991 in First Class. He was awarded a Ph.D. degree in Urdu Literature from Sindh University in 2010. The topic of his thesis was “Ziauddin Ahmed Barni: Critical Analysis of his Scholarly and Literary Contributions”.
He also took specialized courses to enhance his capabilities. In this regard, he took a Persian Language course from Khana-e-Farhang Iran, Hyderabad in 1990, and a Computer Certificate Course in 2002.
Dr. Rafique Khan was into sports right from his childhood days. He was the captain of the White Star hockey team of Latifabad, Hyderabad during his school days, and was into chess competitions and tournaments.
His first job was as a lecturer of Urdu language for around 6 months at Public School Mirpurkhas in 1993. He then joined Cadet College Petaro as a Lecturer at the Urdu Department in 1994 and remained in that position until 1997.
During his stay at Petaro, he was the Assistant House Master of Jinnah House, Liaquat House, Iqbal House and Latif House in quick succession. He was also the Assistant Patron of the Urdu Section of The Cadet Magazine. during this period, he was the Assistant Sports In Charge as well.
After leaving Petaro in 1997, he joined Sindh University as a Lecturer. At present he is an Assistant Professor at the Dept. of Urdu at Sindh University.
While being employed at the Urdu Department of Sindh University, he also taught for a year in 2004-2005 as a part-time teacher at the Pakistan Study Centre of Sindh University, and at the Centre for Health and Physical Education, University of Sindh in 2006-2007.
Dr. Rafique Khan is the author of three books as follows:
- Nazr-e-Hasrat, 1991
- Dr. Najmul Islam, Ek Shakhs, Ek Ehed, 2001
- Risala-e-Tahqiq aur Dr. Najmul Islam, 2007
He is planning to publish books in future on Shah Abdul Latif, Adabi Tabsiray, Dr. Najmul Islam kay khutoot, Ziauddin Ahmed Barni, and Mashaheer kay khutoot.
He has also been the Editor of Insha magazine three times in the past since 1994.
He presented the following papers at Conferences and Seminars:
- “Zameen Kha Gai Aasman keise keise“, In ADABI REFERENCE, from Academy of Letters of Pakistan, Karachi 22nd Oct. 2005.
- “Dr. Ghulam Mustafa Khan, Dr.Najmul Islam aur Risala Tahqiq“, Adabi Seminar from Department of Urdu, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, 25 September 2006.
- “Dr. Najmul Islam ki Ilmi, Adabi, Tahqiqi aur Samaji Khidmaat Khutoot ki roshni main” in First Shaikh Ayaz International Conference, Faculty of Arts, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, 10th January 2007.
- “The invaluable assets of unprinted letters of Prominent Personalities for Ziauddin Ahmed Burni“, in Second Shaikh Ayaz International Conference, Faculty of Arts, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, 7th November 2008.
He is now a well known litterateur and poet of Urdu language. He has published articles in several magazines and journals of Pakistan and India, including the Ma’arif (Azamgarh), Nawa-e-Adab (Bombay), Fikr-o-Nazar (Aligarh University), Insha (Pakistan), Akhbar-e-Urdu (Islamabad), Qaumi Zaban (Karachi), Nawader (Lahore), Almas (journal of Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur), and Tahqeeq (journal of Sindh University).
Following is a list of the articles and essays he has published.
- Khutoot-e-Ghalib main Tanz-o-Zarafat, Mazameen-e-Ghalib (Book), Jamshoro / Hyderabad, Department of Urdu, University of Sindh, 1991.
- Isharia-e-Hasrat (Hasrat Mohani), Nazre Hasrat (Book), Hyderabad, Idara-e-Insha, 1992.
- Teen safari roodad ka majmua…Safar Naame, Quarterly AZ-ZUBAIR, Safernama Number, Bahawalpur, Urdu Academy, 1998.
- Khutbat-e Madraas aik jaiza, Quarterly INSHA, Hyderabad, Vol:18-19, 1998.
- Hafeez Taaib ki shairi k chand fikri pehloo, Quarterly INSHA, Hyderabad, Vol:28, 2000.
- Fakhr hota hai gharane ka aik hi shakhs, (In remembrance of Dr. Najmul Islam), Quarterly INSHA, Hyderabad, Vol:30, 2001.
- Qazi Khadim kay Afsane…Zindagi kay Akkas, Quarterly INSHA,Hyderabad, Vol:31, 2001
- Ta’assuraat (In remembrance of Dr.Najmul Islam), Quarterly INSHA, Hyderabad, Dr. Najmul Islam Number, Jan. 2002
- Dr. Najmul Islam kay Khatoot: kuch maaroozat, Quarterly INSHA, Hyderabad, Dr. Najmul Islam Number, Jan. 2002
- Pir Hussamuddin Rashidi aur Maqalat-e-Rashidi, Quarterly INSHA, Hyderabad, July, 2002.
- Jamia Sindh main Urdu Tahqiq ki Tadrees – Muntakhib Maqalaat (Book), Islamabad, Muqtadra Qumi Zuban, 2003.
- Rozaat… Intisab ka Masala, Quarterly NAWADIR, Lahore, April, 2004. Also published in Monthly MAARIF, Azamgarh, India, May, 2004.
- Mar gaya Ghalib-e-Ashufta nawa (Remembering of Dr. S. Moinur Rehman), Monthly QAUMI ZUBAN, Karachi, October, 2005. Also published in Monthly MAARIF, Azamgarh, India, Jan, 2006, and Monthly SPOTNIC, Lahore, April, 2006.
- Zamin Kha gai Aasman kese kese (Remembrance of Dr. Ghulam Mustafa Khan), NAWA-E-WAQT (Newspaper) 2nd Nov.2005. Also published in Monthly Al-INSAN, Karachi, Nov.2005, Monthly MAARIF, Azamgarh, India, Jan, 2006, and Monthly AKHBAR-E URDU, Islamabad, June, 2006.
- Dr.Najmul Islam kay Naam Dr.Ghulam Mustufa Khan kay chand Ghair matboa Khutoot, Monthly MAARIF, Azam Garh, India, May, 2006 (Part I), July, 2006 (Part II).
- Maulana Mahir-ul-Qadri aur Ziauddin Ahmad Barni. Quarterly NAWA-E-ADAB, Mumbai, India, Oct. 2006. Also published in Annual ALMAS, Department of Urdu, University of Shah Abdul Latif, Khairpur, Sindh, Vol:9 2007.
- Inayat Ali Khan kay Kalaam main Tanz-o-mizah ka tajziati Mutala’a, Inayat Ali Khan Fann-o-Shakhsiat (Book), 2007.
- Dr.Najmul Islam ki Ilmi, Adabi, Tahqiqi aour Samaji Khidmaat Khutoot ki roshni main, Monthly QAUMI ZUBAN Pakistan, Karachi, Sept.2008.
- Dr.Najmul Islam ki Ilmi, Adabi, Thaqiqi aour Samaji Khidmaat unke khutoot ki roshnee main, MAQALAAT, Faculty of Arts, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Nov. 2008. Also published in Monthly QAUMI ZUBAN, Anjuman Tarraqi-e-Urdu, Karachi, Sep. 2008.
- Risala Tahqiq aur Dr.Najmul Islam, Quarterly FIKR-O-NAZAR, Muslim University of Aligarh, India, March. 2009.
- Dr.Ghulam Mustafa Khan, Dr.Najmul Islam aur Risala Tahqiq. Research Journal ALMAS, Department of Urdu, University of Shah Abdul Latif, Khairpur, Vol.11, 2009.
- Kitabi Dunya Aik Ta’arruf, Research Journal TAHQIQ, Department of Urdu, University of Sindh, Jamshoro, Vol:17, 2009, published in 2010.
- Ye porasrar Bandey, kitabi silsila INSHA,Hyderabad,No.1,1993.
- Shikayate Khun Chikan, Kitabi silsila INSHA, Hyderabad,No.2, 1993.
- Aap Bethen to Sahi, Kitabi silsila INSHA, Hyderabad, No.3, 1994.
- Nishtar Meri Poshaak Main, Kitabi silsila INSHA, Hyderabad, No.4, 1994.
He has also reviewed numerous books and works of other authors which have been published.
Dr. Rafique Khan’s contributions towards Urdu language and teaching have been recognized, and he was awarded the Sanad-e-Imtiaz from the Idara-e-Jalesan-e-Adab, Hyderabad in 1993, and a Commendation Certificate and cash prize for teaching at Cadet College Petaro in 1995 and 1996.
You can watch his poetic presentation on Youtube by clicking on the link below: